To support the safe and reliable transportation of students by assisting the bus driver with the movement, management and care of students while they are being transported to an assigned destination as well as when they are boarding or leaving the vehicle.
- Assist students with entering or exiting the bus in a safe manner.
- Seat students safely using needed seat belts, car seats or wheel chair restraints, etc.
- Serve as a role model for students in demonstrating a positive attitude, good moral character, and integrity.
- Monitor passengers at all times to ensure safety regulations and student conduct rules are followed.
- Exercise student management through communication and discipline per Company policy.
- Document and report any violations or conduct concerns to appropriate authority.
- Physically assist passengers in evacuation of the vehicle in case of emergency.
- Ensure that children take their belongings with them when leaving the bus.
- Assist Driver in keeping the interior of the assigned vehicle clean and presentable.
- Complete all required paperwork and submit to the appropriate employee/department in a timely manner.
- Display the highest ethical and professional behavior in working with fellow employees, supervisors, parents, and school personnel; always promoting company goodwill.
- Present a neat and professional appearance at all times.
- Report to duty on time and perform all responsibilities in a safe manner.
- Attend all assigned training, safety meetings, and in-service meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.